As we embark on this journey to Return To Play, everyone is looking towards the CDC for advice on how to Return To Play safely. Here are some ways, we are adhering to their suggestions.
- CDC advises that we provide hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to players before and after practices/games, or encourage them to wash their hands with soap and water.
- We will provide hand sanitizer at our courts and encourage athletes to sanitize at every water break. They will also be required to sanitize their hands prior to reporting to their courts for training.
- CDC advises to educate players about covering coughs and sneeze with a tissue or their elbow and to discourage spitting.
- Our coaches will be sure to educate the athletes about covering coughs or sneezes with their elbows in this case and discourage the common practice of spitting on the floor for grip. We will also ask that players sanitize when coughing or sneezing.
- CDC advises to remind players about social distancing.
- In the practice environment it is inevitable that the athletes might be in close quarters but when being instructed by our coaches, coaches will be sure to make the athlete's aware of their spacing.
- CDC advises that we make sure we are following cleaning and disinfection recommendations.
- We will be sure to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces on the court and shared equipment between sessions.
- CDC advises to reduce physical closeness between players when possible.
- We intend to limit physical closeness between groups by ensuring that there is one-way foot traffic through the facility so that groups don't intermingle unnecessarily.
- CDC advises to identify small groups and keep them together.
- We are currently identifying groups among our athletes that are reserving spots in the small group training sessions and will suggest to keep these groups together in order to avoid mixing between groups as much as possible.
I hope that these steps can instill confidence that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that our athletes are as safe as possible when Returning To Play. We also ask that parents help educate their children on the protocol mentioned above to ensure they are best prepared for the new training environment. Thank you very much for reading this and we hope to see you all at our Summer Small Group Training Sessions.